Quality of Life

Some people like to say, "Eat well, do good, get exercise, and die anyway," as some sort of excuse for partying, being unhealthy and/or being inconsiderate. This logic has no place in a happy, fulfilling and successful life. Regardless of when you die, you want the life you live today, and tomorrow to be the best life you can possibly have. There is no excuse for not doing the best for yourself and the best you can for those you love. Even if I were going to die in six months, I still would continue my diet exactly as I do (if not do even better) because I want the highest quality for my life. The quantity is quite irrelevant.

~Raederle Phoenix Jacot

"Are you really sure that a floor can't also be a ceiling?" ~ M. C. Escher

Monday, January 25, 2010

First thoughts

The trip on the airplane was phenomenal. The first plane left Buffalo at sunrise with an astounding view of the sun just coming over the lip of the earth, alighting the horizon in a dark red shining line. As the airplane rose this red line appeared to grow brighter and brighter.

As the plane rose above the clouds I was amazed to discover that there was a layer of clouds beneath me and a layer of clouds above me.

After arriving in San Francisco I was a little blown away by the airport shuttle. It was incredibly fast and sleek.

I might have seen a bit more, but I was a little bit preoccupied with staring at my love, who I've only just laid eyes on in person for the first time the day before yesterday.

No comments: