Quality of Life

Some people like to say, "Eat well, do good, get exercise, and die anyway," as some sort of excuse for partying, being unhealthy and/or being inconsiderate. This logic has no place in a happy, fulfilling and successful life. Regardless of when you die, you want the life you live today, and tomorrow to be the best life you can possibly have. There is no excuse for not doing the best for yourself and the best you can for those you love. Even if I were going to die in six months, I still would continue my diet exactly as I do (if not do even better) because I want the highest quality for my life. The quantity is quite irrelevant.

~Raederle Phoenix Jacot

"Are you really sure that a floor can't also be a ceiling?" ~ M. C. Escher

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dose of Fun

Have you gotten your dose of fun today?



I love this video for a number of reasons. For one thing: people don't change unless the consequence of not changing is unbearable... Or they change because changing looks like fun. And guess what: we'll all have to live through an unbearable situation unless we see fun opportunities to change.

This is something I'd like to strive to achieve with rawveganism: making it as fun for others as it is for me. Yes, it was through hardship that I came to a dietary change, but that doesn't mean I have to wait for the world to fall to hardship to follow and jump on the healthy, economically and ecologically beneficial bandwagon. Rather, I'd like to show others the beauty, the flavor, and the fun of food in it's natural, most potent and pretty state: It's raw state.

Fun and happiness do not come from owning stuff.

Happiness and satisfaction does not from earning tons of money.

Happiness, satisfaction, contentment, thrill, fun... It is within experiences, within people, within emotions, actions, and the pride in a good deed done. Lasting love is contentment. Fun is a better reason to change for the better. It's a way to live a life that grows, expands and becomes wonderful effortlessly instead of through trial and tribulation.

Related entry: An unexpected benefit of going raw: discovering how fun it was to create and invent new dishes, discovering how beautiful food could be...

No comments: